Drop – Dead – Gorgeous is the right term for this lovely piece of fine cotton. This jumpsuit was from Dot Reeder boutique in Montclair, NJ; designer is Apiece Apart based out of New York.
Ladies, I did not need a bra for this one, and the silhouette hits all of the right places if you’re 5’9″ like me. In these photos I am wearing a size 8.
The sleeves are puffed and airy, the suit comes with a belt to tie beneath the asymmetrical neckline and POCKETS! Who doesn’t love pockets?
Face & Foot Tips:
Makeup for this outfit would be something very light in the red and peachy spectrum. Experiment with warm tones, brighten the cheeks, light lipstick or gloss, and shimmery shadows.
Footwear for this outfit will go great with silver, nude or a suede heel, sandal and if you’re bold….a silver sneaker!
Until Next Time, Ashadah Austin
Its the first day of summer ! Lets start with something bright, fresh and new..
One of my favorite outfits with a different take on crops and skirts. Bringing out a very cool and collected summer vibe, showing off some skin and a hint of brightness at the same time !
Top: Forever 21, Skirt: Michael Kors, Bag: Dot Reeder.
Styling Tips: Summer Time
- When styling a black & white stripe skirt, use colors that will also brighten or enhance the skirt. (red, burgundy, orange, yellow, light blue, green)
- Use a solid color with no designs to add a chic element to your outfit, and experiment on accessories: Long earrings, gold, silver, gemstones, etc.
- Neutral bags are always your best choice when pairing it to a color combo. You don’t want the accessories to over power the outfit, but add an extra element to be cohesive altogether.
- Since its summer time, shoes of choice would be a cute flip-flop or neutral colored sandals (clear, nude, skin toned, or matching the accessory colors).
keep it simple, keep it cool-Ashadah Austin
Until Next time! xoxo
I loveeeeeeee jeans with grey hues, it gives me my fix for the day of my fit.
- This type of hate pairs well with turtle necks, off the shoulders, and crops. Showing the silhouette of the neck is the objective for this look.
- The jean jacket used for this look was cut from the mid section to look cropped. Keeping the jacket unbuttoned with pop out the chest and collar bone.
- High-waist jeans are perfect to keep the body shape and still look classy without showing too much skin. I tied the jean with another jean belt to not take away from the design of the shirt.
This is a style I am definitely not use to AT ALL….but I gave it a try and here is what I came up with.
How Did I Style?
- I layered a white tube top with a black long-sleeve shirt.
- High-waist skirts are a very chic touch to this look, however high-waist light blue jeans would have been perfect as well.
- I “stole” my mother’s vintage neck scarf that added a pop of color. (These are going to be a big trend coming soon, I can sense it!)
- A delightful hat to add on the chic factor (my bf really likes this hat)
- Pull the outfit all together with some big earrings !
To conclude, do not be afraid to explore style you really wouldn’t like at all! It may surprise you, plus you only live once right?