I made a video showing some of my very simple and quick styles for class! Especially when you’re a commuter like me and have no time to be fancy-shmancy.
These styles were based on the weather in my area which is in between summer and fall 65-75 degrees. Most of my clothes came from stores like fashionova, forever21, macys, and marshalls.
Please enjoy the video :3
Top: 5 & Below | Bottoms: Uniqlo | Bag: Dot Reeder
Transition outfits are definitely coming into effect whether we like it or not.. (sigh), BUT style doesn’t stop there !
- When wearing pants towards the end of summer, try to go for all linen or 100% cotton. You won’t be too hot, however covered up enough to enjoy a semi-cool breeze.
- Meditate, because fall and winter is coming so I know you’re going to be stressing a bit.
- Wide cotton or linen pants pairs best with a t-shirt, crop top or ripped jean cropped jackets to off balance the wide pants size and show off your waist. The pants forces the “hour glass” shape.
- For shoes, a platform sandal, flat sandal, wedge or heel works best. Bulky heavy boots will show an off balance of textures and sneakers that are not high tops is another alternative.
Until next time, Ashadah Austin
Its the first day of summer ! Lets start with something bright, fresh and new..
One of my favorite outfits with a different take on crops and skirts. Bringing out a very cool and collected summer vibe, showing off some skin and a hint of brightness at the same time !
Top: Forever 21, Skirt: Michael Kors, Bag: Dot Reeder.
Styling Tips: Summer Time
- When styling a black & white stripe skirt, use colors that will also brighten or enhance the skirt. (red, burgundy, orange, yellow, light blue, green)
- Use a solid color with no designs to add a chic element to your outfit, and experiment on accessories: Long earrings, gold, silver, gemstones, etc.
- Neutral bags are always your best choice when pairing it to a color combo. You don’t want the accessories to over power the outfit, but add an extra element to be cohesive altogether.
- Since its summer time, shoes of choice would be a cute flip-flop or neutral colored sandals (clear, nude, skin toned, or matching the accessory colors).
keep it simple, keep it cool-Ashadah Austin
Until Next time! xoxo
I loveeeeeeee jeans with grey hues, it gives me my fix for the day of my fit.
- This type of hate pairs well with turtle necks, off the shoulders, and crops. Showing the silhouette of the neck is the objective for this look.
- The jean jacket used for this look was cut from the mid section to look cropped. Keeping the jacket unbuttoned with pop out the chest and collar bone.
- High-waist jeans are perfect to keep the body shape and still look classy without showing too much skin. I tied the jean with another jean belt to not take away from the design of the shirt.