Top: 5 & Below | Bottoms: Uniqlo | Bag: Dot Reeder
Transition outfits are definitely coming into effect whether we like it or not.. (sigh), BUT style doesn’t stop there !
- When wearing pants towards the end of summer, try to go for all linen or 100% cotton. You won’t be too hot, however covered up enough to enjoy a semi-cool breeze.
- Meditate, because fall and winter is coming so I know you’re going to be stressing a bit.
- Wide cotton or linen pants pairs best with a t-shirt, crop top or ripped jean cropped jackets to off balance the wide pants size and show off your waist. The pants forces the “hour glass” shape.
- For shoes, a platform sandal, flat sandal, wedge or heel works best. Bulky heavy boots will show an off balance of textures and sneakers that are not high tops is another alternative.
Until next time, Ashadah Austin
I found an extremely CUTE jumpsuit at Dot Reeder in Montclair. Paired with slides, a cute straw bag and shades to blind the haters away, I give you….another favorite outfit that had to be captured !
It was hard to contain myself from taking more than twenty mirror pics, however, I managed to find my best seven (lol)
- Fall is almost here (unfortunately), so it would be best to dress a bit more covered, but show off the feet and arms at best.
- Peachy, earthy and neutral tones are perfect for this time of transition.
- Carry a slightly darker element to balance out the mid-summer vibes using detailing in the purses, shoes and shades.
- Off balance with black, heather grey, navy and deep reds by incorporating them in the form of accessories. (bracelets, belts, head wear, rings, body jewelry, and bags)
- Nudes are neutral for a reason, because they match practically any color, just be careful with brights like yellow, orange, neon, and purple.
Until Next Time, Ashadah Austin xoxo
Drop – Dead – Gorgeous is the right term for this lovely piece of fine cotton. This jumpsuit was from Dot Reeder boutique in Montclair, NJ; designer is Apiece Apart based out of New York.
Ladies, I did not need a bra for this one, and the silhouette hits all of the right places if you’re 5’9″ like me. In these photos I am wearing a size 8.
The sleeves are puffed and airy, the suit comes with a belt to tie beneath the asymmetrical neckline and POCKETS! Who doesn’t love pockets?
Face & Foot Tips:
Makeup for this outfit would be something very light in the red and peachy spectrum. Experiment with warm tones, brighten the cheeks, light lipstick or gloss, and shimmery shadows.
Footwear for this outfit will go great with silver, nude or a suede heel, sandal and if you’re bold….a silver sneaker!
Until Next Time, Ashadah Austin
Hat: HatAttack – Cane Ranger Toast – White Fabric Band Makeup: RMS Beauty
This is by far the first time I have fell in love with a straw hat. I used to have a lot of hair so I didn’t experiment too much with hats. It seems to be easier with a bald head (lol).
I kept the outfit on the bronze side of the spectrum and included some silver jewelry and a pop of light baby blue around the waist.
A bold red lip and simmer eye shadow looks extremely sophisticated against a deep summer tan.
-Until Next Time,